Precision Analytical Inc. was formed based on a revolutionary way to test hormones – dried urine testing for comprehensive hormones (DUTCH). Precision Analytical exists to make it easier for patients and their healthcare providers to find answers to complex clinical questions that affect their lives every day.
The DUTCH test business has grown rapidly, straining the company’s systems (people, processes, and technology) to keep up with current and expected business volume. Recognizing this need, Management sought an outside assessment and advice on IT and Systems direction.
- IT staff, practices, and technical infrastructure were not adequate to support business growth.
- A primary business application needed rewrite or replacement.
- Security and Compliance programs were immature.
Precision Analytical engaged VIE CIO consultants Michael Scheuerman and Marc Hallquist to provide an IT Snapshot Assessment. VIE prepared a management report that clearly identified the major issues and gaps. Further, the report identified prioritized actions to take to address operational, transformational, and strategic challenges. In a follow up engagement, VIE provided advice and assistance on organizational design, helped recruit a new Systems leader, and put a framework in place to address IT policies and compliance.
As a result of completing this engagement:
- Precision Analytical now has a clear path forward for technology, with the right leadership in place.
- PA is much better equipped to address industry compliance concerns, including HIPAA, Privacy, and PCI.
- PA has a trusted advisor in VIE to be an external sounding board for key management decisions.