The CIO and CTO roles are evolving. Many organizations do not have an executive who understands how technology can transform their business and industry.
If they have a CIO who does, they often lack a succession plan for their CIO. VIE can help develop these skills with current technology leaders and potential successors.
VIE will help:
- Develop internal skills to execute and support your digital transformation
- Turn technical leaders into business leaders
- Create savvy, value-generating technology executives at your company
- Understanding Organization mission and objectives
- Understanding Organization business plans and metrics
- Aligning their team objectives and metrics to those of the organization
- Motivating and leading their teams
- Communication skills
- Other skills such as problem solving, managing difficult situations and negotiation skills
- Budgeting and financial management
- Defining initiatives and projects to improve the organization
- Defining project success metrics
- Initiating and leading projects to successful completion
- Business process assessment and improvement
- CIO/CTO communications skills
- IT Governance
- Technology team management
- Vendor management
- IT metrics/Demonstrate IT value
- Service Management
- Technology Strategy
- IT organizational challenges
- IT outsourcing and vendor management
- other CIO/CTO skills as needed
If you are a technology leader, consider these questions:
- Are you a CIO or CTO in search of personal growth to become a more effective leader?
- Are you a Director or Manager who aspires to a C-Suite role in a mid-size or large business?
- Do you want to become more effective in communicating with diverse audiences?
- Would you like to develop an intuitive feel for aligning business and technology?
- Do you want to be more confident having a strategic business conversation with the C-suite?
- Do you want to know what steps to take to grow and develop in your job or career?
- Would you like to become a trusted business partner and guide in your organization?
If you answer yes to any of these, then read on.
What are VIE CIOSkillBuilder Services?
VIE offers coaching in specific areas of need and longer-term mentoring services to connect you with the right resources and timely advice. We will pair you up with one of our experienced C-level coaches who will work one-on-one with you and guide you to be the best leader and professional that you can be.
How does the service work?
Your coach will work with you on a VIE Leadership Skills InventorySM to identify key areas for development. This step could also include a 360 assessment with input from others in your organization. In addition, your Coach may work with you on a VIE Career MapSM.
Using skills developed over 35 years of leadership, your Coach will guide you to develop an improvement and growth plan. You will work with your Coach over the next 3 – 6 months with regular check-ins. Your Coach will be available to provide feedback and advice on dealing with particularly difficult management and leadership challenges in your current role. We can also work with your entire team to improve team dynamics and effectiveness.